Last Night Was Interesting

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yesterday, we were supposed to be working on Eredar Twins. I log on about 30 minutes before raid time to go see how our roster is looking. I see about 28 people online, most of our "Progress Raider" members not here. So we venture into Hyjal. I won't lie, I hate waves of adds. Call me not fair, but I love to heal melee through death and decays. I just whisper them "stay in - if I suck and let you die you get a BR." All of my BR's went to Himisada, who would get aggro on certain waves before certain bosses. Rage dropped Cuffs of Devastation (if there was another item I wasn't really paying attention).. Anetheron happened to drop Enchanted Leather Sandals for me, and a Blade of Infamy. Kazrogal drops crap, and I passed the feral mantle, the healing pants went to our elemental shaman. On the waves for Azgalor I kept feeling really sick. Figures I throw up on wave 6, 7, and then on 8. Azgalor drops Shady Dealer's Pantaloons, and I pass for merely the sake of rarely going feral, so the druid we recruited as feral who is now resto took them. I believe they're the best DPS pants until sunwell. We got one pair of Vanquisher gloves, but I decided I would pass since I already got one item today. So finally we come to Archimonde. The retard check, right? Avoid fires and don't suck. I was second on third on decursing, my group had a LOT of fire so I was watching to keep the people who ran into it up. He happened to drop TWO Helm of the Forgotten Vanquisher, and one Helm of the Forgotten Protector. I did get the T6 helm, because it was still on my loot list. He also dropped the Scepter of Purification that I can use if I ever get a 1H. All in all it was a very good day of raiding for me. At the end I was given "raiding member." It makes me happy to see that they think they can finally bring me full time to raids.

Long post, mainly about loot, but yeah. Don't mind me!

3 comments:

runycat said...

Eredar Twins = total cockblock. Srsly.

runycat said...

Yeah, basically--if you're in any kind of progression guild that isn't raiding 6 days a week, strictly, I'd anticipate getting the twins down in like, four+ weeks. I know that's not exactly positive thinking, but I'm trying to be realistic with all the stupid bullshit people have been pulling lately. I do, however, think that, if you can make it work properly, killing the twins BACKWARDS is actually easier--it just means you have to be tighter overall.

As for trash drops? We haven't gotten many at all.

I guess it doesn't matter spending so much time on the Twins--M'uru is going to be a million times worse, judging by my server's progression on him (and we've got two guilds in the top 50). To spur some excitement though, the other chick druid and I have offered the reward of our own "twin" pictures if we kill them within 2 weeks.

runycat said...

Yeah, we have been. I (conveniently) haven't been in for attempts, for whatever reason, but it's mostly because we're rotating all the tanks in and out so that everyone gets a feel for the fight. There was supreme fuck uppery last night on Kalec and Brut, although to be honest, when we DID kill both last night, they were our best kills yet. Who knows, right? I think Drow said they wiped 150 times before they finally killed the twins, and that doesn't bode well for us. We're "right" behind them in terms of progression, but that's not saying much.

Additionally, the Shady Dealer's Pantaloons are pretty sweet pants, but you can pick up better from badges (I believe) and, interestingly enough, the Midnight Legguards off Kael end up being a slight DPS edge over the Pantaloons.